Monday, December 29, 2008

Etch-A-Sketch Art

Remember Etch-A-Sketch? I think every kid growing up in the 70's had one. I HATED the Etch-A-Sketch, it frustrated me to no end. I was not coordinated enough to do much with it, it would take me quite a long time just to write my name. So just when I think I'm over the shameful memory of my Etch-A-Sketch failures, I see this while surfing the web today.





Are you kidding me?!?


I did not believe that this was made by a human, but then I found out it was indeed made by a human. Not just any human, however. This was made by the renowned Etch-A-Sketch artist George Vlosich, who is one of the most respected Etch-A-Sketchers in the world. I know you're probably laughing at the words "respected" and "Etch-A-Sketcher" in the same sentence, but it's true. His company has been commissioned to do an Etch-A-Sketch portrait of Obama. Amazing. If only I would have practiced more....

4 comments:

Duni said...

That sketch sure is amazing. I've never heard of him, but what a talented artist he is!

Liz said...

Have a blessed new year!

Moms... Check Nyo
A Simple Life
Mommy's Little Corner

flit said...

Wow... sure puts my miserable efforts to shame. But I did love my Etch-a-Sketch

Lola said...

That is absolutely amazing. Makes me wonder if he does something other than fiddle with the Etch-A-Sketch dials. Meaning, does he use and magnetized tools or something.