Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pepsi Pot Roast


This what I'm making in my crockpot today and the smell is driving me crazy. If you haven't had Pepsi Pot Roast, then you have not lived! I know it sounds like a weird combo and I don't know who thought of it in the first place (probably the same genius who decided to combine chocolate and peanut butter), but the Pepsi makes the roast incredibly tender. You can't taste the Pepsi, in fact, when I've made it to guests and they rave about it I have them guess the "secret ingredient". It makes delicious gravy, too, and what is a dinner without gravy?


Here is the recipe I use for Pepsi Pot Roast:


1 pot roast (3-4 pounds)

1 package dry onion soup mix

2 cans cream of mushroom soup (sometimes I use 3 if I want more gravy)

1 can Pepsi


That's it, very simple. I can't wait for dinner!

No comments: